Career Exploration and Planning
Not sure of your destination yet? Considering changing careers or choosing a different major? Want to understand the labor market and what the most opportune fields to consider are? You are in the right place! The resources on this page will help you become informed and decide.
Identify your interests, skills, and values and explore occupations and career paths that match your strengths and goals. Find the right degree or certificate program, compare schools that offer them, and search for scholarships.
- Career Cluster Inventory: Relate interests to matching career clusters
- Interest Profiler: Relate interests to Holland types and careers
- Work Importance Locator: Identify work needs and correlate with work values to see matching occupations
- Learning Styles Survey: Identify personal learning style and how to enhance study skills
- Employability Skills Survey: Identify skills that need development, set improvement goals
- Combined Report of Assessments: Synthesize assessment results in one easy-to-read report
- Assessment Link: Match the results of other assessments to CIS occupations
- Application Tracker: Track your school applications, test scores, meeting dates, deadlines,and record the status of applications and transcripts
- Career Plan: Research career and training school options, set goals, and make future plans
- Occupation Sort: Generate a list of occupations based on work-related preferences
- Information about 16 career clusters, 81 career pathways, and over 550 occupations
- Ability to sort school and scholarship options
- Military career information
- Entrepreneur quiz and self-employment information
- Resume Creator: Create a resume to highlight skills and abilities, and format personal information
- Job Search: Learn how to conduct a job search, prepare for interviews, and tips for negotiating salary and benefits
- Job Success: Learn good job habits plus tips for working well with supervisors and coworkers
To create your account, enter the username "skcollege" and password "plan7ing". Once you are in the system, create your own personal username and password for future use.
OTHER CAREER EXPLORATION AND PLANNING RESOURCES
American Indian College Fund Career Resources
This culturally relevant guide was created to help Native students prepare for, and successfully navigate, the diverse landscape of job opportunities and sectors of work.
- Focus 2 Self-Assessment
- CONNECT: Networking, Internships, Jobs
- Resume & Interviewing Tips
- Professionalism & Etiquette Tips
Montana Career Lab
The Montana Career Guide walks users through the entire career planning process from exploring your interests to interviewing for a job. Includes a section on soft skills and job hunting tips for special populations.
- Tips for Workers with Disabilities
- Tips for Workers with Criminal Records
- Job-Hunting Tips for Seniors
- Job Interview Tips
- Soft Skills Checklist (Online Only)
- Pocket Resume (Online Only)